***With apologies for cross-posting***

This year's Library Publishing Forum
<https://librarypublishing.org/library-publishing-forum/> (May 21-23,
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities) was a huge success, with:

   - Record attendance of more than 200
   - A thought-provoking and inspiring keynote from Catherine Kudlick:
*Disabilité!
   Accessibilité! Diversité!: Expanding the Cultural Framework for Library
   Publishing* (see the slides
   <https://librarypublishing.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/LPF18_Disabilit%C3%A9Accessibilit%C3%A9Diversit%C3%A9.pdf>and
   the livestreamed video
   <https://www.pscp.tv/LibPubCoalition/1djGXdlkVdVGZ>)
   - 49 presentations, workshops, working sessions, and interactive
   discussions led by community members
   - Fantastic affiliated events, including Owned by the Academy: A
   Preconference on Open Source Publishing Software
   <https://librarypublishing.org/owned-by-the-academy-preconference/>,
 a KairosCamp
   Editors Workshop
   <https://librarypublishing.org/kairoscamp-editors-workshop/>, and a pair
   of pilot workshops for the new Library Publishing Curriculum
   <https://librarypublishing.org/library-publishing-curriculum-pilot-workshop-lpforum18/>
   - Fun social outings, including dinearounds led by UMN staff, a trip to
   the historic Guthrie Theatre, and a really cool reception at the Weisman
   Art Museum

Enormous thanks are due to our hosts <https://www.lib.umn.edu/>, our
sponsors <https://librarypublishing.org/library-publishing-forum/#sect5>,
the Library Publishing Coalition Program Committee (listed below), and the
library publishing community for making this our best Library Publishing
Forum ever!

*Slides and Recordings Available*

Presenter slides and recordings from our video livestream are now available
on the Forum program page <https://librarypublishing.org/program/> and on
the preconference page
<https://librarypublishing.org/owned-by-the-academy-preconference/>.

*Reflections*

We invited a number of community members to write reflections on the Forum
and/or the preconference, and had a great response! Check out the following
posts on the LPC Blog:

   - What do we value in academic ownership?
   <https://librarypublishing.org/lpforum18-reflection-what-do-we-value-in-academic-ownership/>
    (*Ian Harmon*, West Virginia University)
   - From services to access: Reflections of a first-time Forum attendee
   <https://librarypublishing.org/lpforum18_reflection-from-services-to-access/>
   (*Talea Anderson*, Washington State University, Library Publishing Forum
   First-Time Attendee Scholarship recipient)
   - Challenges and opportunities (but mostly opportunities) for open
   source infrastructure in library publishing
   <https://librarypublishing.org/lpforum18-reflection-challenges-and-opportunities-for-os-infrastructure/>
    (*Alison McGonagle-O’Connell*, Editoria Community Manager,
   Collaborative Knowledge Foundation)
   - What’s it like to be the local host of the Library Publishing Forum?
   <https://librarypublishing.org/lpforum18-local-host-reflection/>(*Kate
   McCready* and *Laureen Boutang*, University of Minnesota Libraries)
   - Digital publishing your way: Moving toward multimodal, flexible
   platforms
   <https://librarypublishing.org/lpforum18-reflection-digital-publishing-your-way/>
    (*Sarah Wipperman*, University of Pennsylvania)

Still to come: reflections from the 2017-19 LPC Fellows and the
LPC-AUPresses Cross-Pollination Award recipients. Keep an eye on the LPC
Blog and our Twitter account <https://twitter.com/LibPubCoalition>!

*2019 Library Publishing Forum*

Join us May 8-10, 2019, in Vancouver, British Columbia for the 2019 Library
Publishing Forum! Our first Forum in Canada, it will be hosted by LPC
member institution Simon Fraser University at their Harbour Centre campus
in downtown Vancouver.

*2020 Library Publishing Forum*

Interested in hosting the Forum on your campus? Check out our call for
proposals
<https://librarypublishing.org/cfp-to-host-the-2020-library-publishing-forum/>,
open through August 31, 2018.

*About the Library Publishing Forum*

The Library Publishing Forum
<https://librarypublishing.org/library-publishing-forum/> is an annual
conference bringing together representatives from libraries engaged in (or
considering) publishing initiatives to define and address major questions
and challenges; to identify and document collaborative opportunities; and
to strengthen and promote this community of practice. The Forum includes
representatives from a broad, international spectrum of academic library
backgrounds, as well as groups that collaborate with libraries to publish
scholarly works, including publishing vendors, university presses, and
scholars. The Forum is sponsored by the Library Publishing Coalition, but
you do not need to be a member of the LPC to attend.

*2018 Program Committee*

Matt Ruen, Grand Valley State University (chair)

Laureen Boutang, University of Minnesota

Jonathan Bull, Valparaiso University

Peter Potter, Virginia Tech

Jeff Rubin, Tulane University

David Scherer, Carnegie Mellon University

Maureen Walsh, Ohio State University

Rebecca Welzenbach, University of Michigan