​​
Hi folks,

Just a reminder of our next NDSA IIG call this coming Monday, July 16th, at
12pm Pacific, 3pm Eastern
​, facilitated by Sally Vermaaten from the Gates Archive (thanks Sally!)

​Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:
https://clirdlf.zoom.us/j/745482656
US: +1 646 876 9923 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 740 3766
Meeting ID: 745 482 656
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/cPpLHpqKX ​

​The focus of the session will be* ​*
*cloud storage for digital preservation*
​, ​
including
approaches, update on services offered by several cloud providers, and
opportunity for discussion
​.

There will be several '​l
ightning talks
​'​
from cultural heritage organizations on how they are using
​c​
loud infrastructure for digital preservation, from cloud storage and
service providers on how the
​y
ensure fixity, durability,
​ ​
and data export, and a brief update on the NDSA’s Cloud Studies Group
​.

There will also be ​
2 min of questions and discussion after each lightning talk and additional
time at the end
​.​

*​​Institutional use case*
Julia Morley, Stanford University

*​​Cloud storage and service providers*
Bill Branan, Services Technical Director at DuraSpace
Kumail Hussain, Sr. Program Manager at Microsoft Azure
John Mallory, Business Development Manager at Amazon Web Services

*​​NDSA Cloud Studies Group*
Sally Vermaaten, Manager of Archive Solutions at Gates Archive

​As always, a
genda and notes for our IIG meetings are available here:
https://goo.gl/9qLXdq

Looking forward to seeing you all there!
Corey

--
Corey Davis
Digital Preservation Coordinator

COPPUL's Digital Preservation Coordinator is based on the traditional
territory of the WSÁNEĆ (Saanich), Lkwungen (Songhees), and Wyomilth
(Esquimalt) peoples of the Coast Salish Nation.