We have a DSpace instance that is configured to issue handle.net
identifiers to all items, so links such as:

https://researcharchive.vuw.ac.nz/handle/10063/1710
http://researcharchive.vuw.ac.nz/handle/10063/1710
https://hdl.handle.net/10063/1710
http://hdl.handle.net/10063/1710

all take a web browser to the same content. The following URLs also take web
browsers to the same content:

https://doi.org/10063/1710
http://doi.org/10063/1710
https://dx.doi.org/10063/1710
http://dx.doi.org/10063/1710

The lookup at https://www.doi.org/index.html resolves the doi "10063/1710"
to the same content.

I have two questions:

(a) is 10063/1710 a valid/legal doi for this item ?
(b) are the doi.org URLs above valid/legal for this item?

The documentation on the https://www.doi.org/ and https://handle.net/
websites is surprisingly quiet on these issues...

[We've been assuming the answer to these questions is 'yes' but yesterday
this was questioned by a colleague, so I'm looking for definitive answers]

cheers
stuart