Kia ora Stuart!

I think the answer to your question is "no, the identifier is not a valid
DOI".

As evidence, I offer this URI which is supposed return information about
the Registration Agency which registered that DOI:
https://doi.org/doiRA/10063/1710

As you know, DOIs are a proper subset of Handles; and functionally, the DOI
system relies on the Handle system as its infrastructure for URI
resolution. I believe that when you resolve the URI <
https://doi.org/10063/1710>, the DOI resolver is simply resolving the
identifier as a Handle, and not first validating that the Handle is
actually a valid DOI. I'd regard that as a bug in the DOI's resolver,
personally.

Cheers!

Conal

--