If you're planning to run postgres/mysql on the same box as your webserver,
you might want to consider increasing Buddy's RAM recommendation to 4GB and
constraining the DB to a fixed percentage of that total. Allocating a
larger-than-typical chunk of your storage for swap (4-8GB perhaps in your
case) can also buy you some additional flexibility with a sandbox VM if
requests for additional memory cannot be accommodated. Typically, I would
not encourage such a concession for a production box but this sounds like
it is for internal-use-only. There's quite a bit you can do with 2 vCPUs /
4GB RAM (which happens to be our minimum VM deployment size these days).
Low traffic web apps or nightly batch processing jobs will more than likely
run just fine under these conditions.

If you run into memory issues (the dreaded OOM killer!), you can tune down
your webserver / database of choice and PHP to handle fewer connections at
a time or stretch the interval between parallel tasks. The default tuning
parameters should be mostly acceptable for this size unless you start
hammering away at Apache or if your DB grows significantly.

--
Tony Pulickal
Lead Systems Engineer // Unix Systems Group