Hi Everybody,

For those who joined our NDSA Cloud Studies Subgroup call in July you will recall that Lauren Work (University of Virginia Library) encouraged us to spend some time experimenting with data transfer/recovery from simple Cloud storage services like Google Drive. This is just a friendly reminder and encouragement to go ahead and spend some time with her resource if you are so inclined and we can discuss findings/results on our next call on Friday, August 31st at 2pm ET. See the notes from our call for a link to her document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13KvdzedlqQw0BCsiZQPw2jA8tRknDRLGbkVbJldVDMk/edit

Another couple of additional timely reminders

  1. Feel free to sign up for our Breakfast Working Group at Digipres: https://dlfforum2018.sched.com/event/FVC8/rbfasta-ndsa-cloud-subgroup-breakfast-meeting

  1. Please take our feedback survey to help us shape the future work of this group: https://gvsu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bvzA0EhhLpNCypv

Last but not least – in the spirit of sharing and contributing to this group’s efforts I am forwarding a great resource that Dave Pcolar from DPN shared with me yesterday. Internet2 has a fantastic resource comparing Cloud Provider Features that we should all get familiar with and make use of. I especially appreciate the Questions? toward the bottom of the web page: https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/CA/Topic+-+Cloud+Provider+Feature+Matrix. Thanks to Dave for sharing! We’ll take a closer look at this on our next call.

All best,

--

Matt Schultz

Digital Curation Librarian