It's been about a year and a half since I decided to get rid of Chrome from
both staff and public computers here.  I reached that point after seeing
just how much network traffic was generated due to updates and who knows
what, and also finding out that Chrome was saving every single installation
update file on my work computer until those files took up 30GB (I haven't
seen that anywhere else, but then again, I never looked).  It also doesn't
like it when you disable or delete Chrome's scheduled tasks, as it
re-creates them at will.

My go to browser now is Vivaldi.  It supports Chrome extensions, so I don't
miss my browser dev tools.

I also use Firefox quite a bit, depending on the site I'm visiting.

But how I miss the Opera of yore, especially the version with the
absolutely fantastic kiosk capabilities.

John Lolis
Coordinator of Computer Systems

<https://whiteplainslibrary.org/>
100 Martine Avenue
White Plains, NY  10601

tel: 1.914.422.1497
fax: 1.914.422.1452

https://whiteplainslibrary.org/

*When you think about it, *all* security is ultimately security by
ignorance.*