Hi everybody,

I'm trying to implement a couple of Google tools in our LibGuides (and the library website, which is on the LibGuides CMS).

I have a couple of wonky questions, in case anyone has experience with this particular combination of products:

  1.  Search Console: I used this very handy product at my previous institution (Drupal website as opposed to LibGuides), but am getting verification errors when I try to verify it with either Google Analytics or Tag Manager. Both GA and GTM are working on my site, so I don't understand what the problem is.
  2.  While I have your attention, I've tried to set up event tracking for outbound clicks using GTM and GA. (In fact, this is the only thing I'm currently using GTM for.) Again, this worked fine on a previous website (Drupal, not LibGuides) - I followed the exact same method, step by step - but no click data are being recorded when I log in and try to view the event data in GA.

Is there anybody on the list who has successfully got Search Console working on their LibGuides?

Andy Hickner, MSI
Health Sciences Librarian
Seton Hall University | Interprofessional Health Sciences Campus
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | 1-973-542-6973
http://library.shu.edu/ihs