This summer I’ve been making a point to visit all the historic sites in the city where I live—and those of you who know anything about Alexandria VA will know that there are a lot of historic sites there. Having grown up in a city that was only incorporated into California in 1962, it’s been fun to visit places with more history behind them.

Even better than playing tourist, though, has been realizing all the ways the historic importance has just started to blend into everyday life. While walking home from work, it’s become normal to step around enthusiastic locals in full colonial dress as they lead gaggles of middle-schoolers down the street. On my way to get groceries, I pass Robert E. Lee’s boyhood home, and make sure to hit up the Poké-stop there. And en route to my favorite Vietnamese restaurant, I take a shortcut through the Christ Church cemetery. “In memory of the Honorary Pall-Bearers of General George Washington” reads a plaque on the wall. I stop short, and pull out my phone. I’ve almost missed another Poké-stop.

In the spirit of exploration, take a look at this week’s submissions to the DLF Jobs Board:

Vital Technologies Librarian, University of Rochester

Director of Programs & Education, Rare Book School

Digital Imaging Manager, J. Paul Getty Trust

Digital Collections Strategist, East Carolina University

Temporary Metadata Management Librarian, University of California, Santa Barbara

View past listings on our site or by tracking #DLFjobs. If you have a position description to share with the community, you’re in luck! You can submit it quickly on our site—for free, if you’re a  DLF member affiliate.

Take care,

Becca

Becca Quon

Program Associate for Advancement & Awards

Digital Library Federation (DLF)

diglib.org | clir.org | @CLIRDLF |she/her/hers