Hi Everybody,

With apologies for the delay on these minutes – here is a rundown of what was covered at our most recent NDSA Cloud Studies Subgroup meeting on Friday, August 31st. See below:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13KvdzedlqQw0BCsiZQPw2jA8tRknDRLGbkVbJldVDMk/edit

We had some really great discussions about taking the Vendor Fixity Comparison Spreadsheet to a next level through some focused work later this year and next. We will cover some of this at the Breakfast Working Group at DigiPres on Thursday, Oct. 18th at 7:30am (https://dlfforum2018.sched.com/event/FVC8/rbfasta-ndsa-cloud-subgroup-breakfast-meeting) – please feel free to add yourself to the attendee list.

We’ve heard from several new and regular attendees about what they have enjoyed about the subgroup work thus far on our feedback survey. If you have attended the calls and have not yet responded to the survey please take a moment—literally just 1-2 minutes (https://gvsu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bvzA0EhhLpNCypv). Would love to hear from you about how we can continue to make these calls useful to the community. Matt will summarize the feedback at our Breakfast Working Group.

Last week Nathan Tallman (Infrastructure Interest Group) relayed Jane Mandelbaum’s and Gail Truman’s request for assistance in improving the next version of the Preservation Storage Criteria (version 3.0) at iPres on 09/24. I just want to echo that announcement. Jane and Gail have been regular attendees to the Cloud Studies Subgroup and this resource has been of keen interest to the attendees. Here’s their request:

This is a request for assistance from the Digital Preservation Storage Criteria group.  We are doing a workshop at iPres on Monday September 24<x-apple-data-detectors://5>, and are looking for use cases for the use of the criteria. We are looking for community members who either have used the criteria already or are interested in using it for something specific in the future. We would like to hear directly from any community member who is willing to describe their use case to us, with or without attribution.  We would like to be able to describe these use cases in our workshop to help improve the next version of the criteria. Anyone interested can contact me directly at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. We would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
--
Matt Schultz
Digital Curation Librarian