As developers and service providers, we have to take a pretty broad
approach. We support most common browsers including IE & Edge, Firefox,
Chrome, Safari and Opera, and limit this to the two latest versions. We
perform automated testing through our deployment (CI) system using the
Saucelabs service to provide the browsers and infrastructure. The system
puts our before and after PDFs.

Thanks,

Cary

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 7:59 AM Pikas, Christina K. <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi All,
> In the olden days, my IT department more or less mandated IE as the only
> supported browser. Everything had to work on IE and you could install
> others but you were on your own. So then more and more people wanted Macs
> and they weren't super supported until the director said he wanted a Mac.
>
> Anyway, years later, some of our tools work best on FF.  Full SharePoint
> functionality requires a browser that is essentially dead. We have an
> enterprise video streaming tool that keeps promising to offer something
> other than Flash... sigh.
>
> Do you all support the major browsers equally? FF, Chrome, Edge, Safari?
> Do you primarily support one browser but allow others?
>
> If you are in an environment that has some tools that need one browser and
> other tools that need another browser, how do you communicate that? Do you
> alter the environment such that links open in the appropriate browser (can
> be done in Chrome, I think?)
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance,
>
> Christina
>
> ------
> Christina K. Pikas, BS, MLS, PhD
> Librarian
> The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
> Baltimore: 443.778.4812
> D.C.: 240.228.4812

Cary Gordon
The Cherry Hill Company