From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Pikas, Christina K.
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2018 11:00 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Default, preferred, or supported "enterprise" browser?

Hi All,
In the olden days, my IT department more or less mandated IE as the only supported browser. Everything had to work on IE and you could install others but you were on your own. So then more and more people wanted Macs and they weren't super supported until the director said he wanted a Mac.

Anyway, years later, some of our tools work best on FF.  Full SharePoint functionality requires a browser that is essentially dead. We have an enterprise video streaming tool that keeps promising to offer something other than Flash... sigh.

Do you all support the major browsers equally? FF, Chrome, Edge, Safari? Do you primarily support one browser but allow others?

If you are in an environment that has some tools that need one browser and other tools that need another browser, how do you communicate that? Do you alter the environment such that links open in the appropriate browser (can be done in Chrome, I think?)

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Christina

------
Christina K. Pikas, BS, MLS, PhD
Librarian
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
Baltimore: 443.778.4812
D.C.: 240.228.4812