Apologies for cross-posting:

……………….

Greetings,

If you are professional librarian or archivist who uses more than the standard desktop tools to do your job, we would like your help.  We are conducting a survey of professional librarians and archivists to better understand the degree to which specific technologies are in regular use by practicing professionals.  We are seeking input from professionals whose work includes any of the following:

§  scripting;

§  creating and managing databases;

§  manipulating and normalizing data (from small to large datasets);

§  analyzing data (from small to large datasets);

§  visualizing data; or

§  using collaborative technology platforms

We have a quick, seven question survey (plus two optional self-identifying questions) that will be open through October 7, 2018.  You can respond to the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2839M8L.

Please feel free to forward this message to others who might be able to provide information.  We would like to have as many responses as possible.

Thank you in advance for your assistance,

Stephen Short

Head, Business Analysis Team

Library Services

Library of Congress