Dear DLF community,

In advance of the DLF Forum, we are very happy to announce that the Professional Research Ethics subgroup of the Technologies of Surveillance Working Group has produced an Ethics Explainer and Glossary document, available at https://osf.io/xfkz6/.

This group, led by Dorothea Salo, recognized the need for a framing document for those doing research in/on libraries and with library-produced data. We expect this document will provide guidance and information for a variety of individuals interested in using library-produced data for research and/or program improvement.

Please share widely with your colleagues and join us in thanking the authors of this document, as well as those who have been involved in the Working Group!

Yasmeen & Shea
DLF Technologies of Surveillance Working Group

----
Yasmeen Shorish | Data Services Coordinator
Associate Professor | Assistant Director of Research & Education Services
JMU Libraries | Rose 2309
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | 540-568-4288
Make an Appointment<https://events.lib.jmu.edu/appointments?u=8412>
she/her/hers
[rcid_16x16]<https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7374-9467> https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4155-8241

I observe email free evenings and weekends.