Just a quick word to say that indeed, the WiFi at the conference venue is awful. Also, the room we are going to be in is large, so audio will likely be poor. With that in mind, I’m wondering if perhaps we should forgo the zoom option? We could hold off on making any final decisions about next years’ plans, solicit additional feedback over email or with a survey, and either squeeze in some business on our next call or find another time to make final decisions on plans for 2019.

What do others think? I don’t want to inhibit people’s ability to participate but I don’t want it to be a frustrating experience. In my personal opinion, it’s extremely frustrating as a remote attendee to not be able to see or hear what’s going on when there’s a large in-group gathering. (And if the connection keeps dropping, it will just add insult to injury.)

Thanks,

Nathan

From: NDSA-INFRASTRUCTURE <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of NTT7 <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at 7:52 AM
To: NDSA-INFRASTRUCTURE <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [NDSA-INFRASTRUCTURE] Working Lunch at DigiPres 2018

Hello folks,

Instead of our regularly scheduled conference call this month we have a working lunch at DigiPres 2018 on Thursday, October 18 at 12-1pm PST / 3-4pm EST in Marche 1+2. The Zoom room will be open (same connection details) but I’m told WiFi and audio may not be great; we’ll try our best for remote attendees.

I wanted to check in and see if anyone had anyone had additional agenda items for this in-person gathering. We have two things on the agenda so far. First is to plan for 2019. I’m interested to see how folks liked this years’ topical calls; if we want to continue this, we can pick some future topics and perhaps get some volunteer facilitators. Second, is an item for the Fixity Working Group to report out – is that still a go?

Please feel free to add directly to the agenda doc here. Looking forward to seeing everyone in-person, safe travels!

Thanks,

Nathan

--------

Nathan Tallman
Digital Preservation Librarian

Product Owner, Digital Collection Repositories
Penn State University Libraries

(814) 865-0860