Greetings!

If your institution has been considering membership in the BitCurator
Consortium <https://bitcuratorconsortium.org/> but hasn’t quite been able
to take the leap due to time or finances, or if your institution is curious
about the community but needs additional context for what membership
entails, you now have the opportunity to join the BCC at a reduced fee and
experience all the benefits of membership (including some new ones)!

You may be thinking, “Well, we don’t regularly use BitCurator, or we are
just getting started working with born-digital materials, so I’m not sure
if BCC membership is for us”. The BCC is so much more than the home for the
BitCurator software environment. It’s a space for practitioners working
with born-digital materials to share knowledge, resources, and
documentation. It’s a place to work together to develop new ideas and
solutions. Even if you are just getting started, the BCC offers a community
of support, a place to connect with people doing the same kind of work in
other institutions, as well as many training resources to assist
practitioners in their work.

And today, in celebration of World Digital Preservation Day,
<https://dpconline.org/events/world-digital-preservation-day> we’re
delighted to kick off a new Winter Membership Special
<https://bitcuratorconsortium.org/winter-membership-special> for the
BitCurator Consortium wherein institutions can join the BCC as full members
at a discounted rate of $500 (a 75% discount off the regular membership
rate!). This membership period will begin in January 2019 and last until
July 2019, providing institutions with a seven-month opportunity to explore
BCC’s treasure trove of educational resources, engage with our network of
engaged professionals, and most importantly, take advantage of a brand new
membership benefit: Born-Digital Workflow Consultation!

As part of this membership special, new members will receive 2-3 hours of
consultation time with BCC staff to assess, evaluate, and produce
recommendations related to their born-digital workflows and infrastructure.
This new membership benefit was created in response to a need that we have
heard articulated both within and beyond our community - that institutions
and their staff need assistance developing and evolving their born-digital
workflows. Through the BCC’s close involvement with the OSSArcFlow
<https://educopia.org/ossarcflow/>research project, we have developed a
process for documenting and evaluating current workflows and we are excited
to bring this approach to the larger community! If you would like to learn
more about Born-Digital Workflow Consultation benefits and other BCC
community resources please register for an upcoming information session on
Friday, December 14th at 12pm ET. See details here
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bcc-winter-membership-special-info-session-registration-53113209038>
.

If you’re interested in joining the BCC as part of the Winter Membership
Special, here are the details you need to know:

   -

   Institutions can become a BCC member for only $500
   -

   Membership Special term runs from January to June 30, 2019, with
   opportunity to renew and continue annual membership at regular rate
   -

   Institutions must join by January 31st, 2019
   -

   New members who join as part of the special will receive the
   Born-Digital Workflow Consultation benefit

In addition to the Winter Membership Special benefits listed above, all new
members will also receive access to the full suite of regular BCC
membership benefits, including:

   -

   Discounts for events, including the annual BitCurator Users Forum
   -

   Access to the members-only training resources and documentation
   -

   Access to members-only help desk for technical support
   -

   Prioritized requests for BitCurator feature development
   -

   Opportunities to serve on BCC committees
   -

   Engage with other members on the BCC mailing list
   -

   Voting rights for community governance
   -

   Professional development opportunities

The BCC exists to ensure that the digital forensics community in cultural
heritage institutions continues to thrive in the years to come. If you’re
interested in joining our community and investing in the success and
longevity of digital forensics practices worldwide, please review the
membership
agreement
<https://bitcuratorconsortium.org/sites/bitcuratorconsortium.org/files/bcc_memberagreementform_2017.pdf>
or visit bitcuratorconsortium.org. To take advantage of the membership
special, please submit your membership agreement no later than January 31,
2019.

If you have any questions regarding the BCC please feel free to contact Sam
Meister ([log in to unmask]). Also, please sign up here
<http://eepurl.com/defWBz> to receive our quarterly newsletter and
announcements on BCC community happenings!

We hope you’ll bring your expertise to the BitCurator Consortium and help
us shape the digital forensics conversation of the future.

Sam Meister
Preservation Communities Manager, Educopia Institute
http://educopia.org
@samalanmeister

he / him / his