Whenever I hear a really good cover version of a song, I want to get in a car and blast it with the windows down.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a car, so the next best thing would be strapping a boombox to my bike and riding down the street. But I don’t even know where I’d find a boombox, in this day and age, so I guess I’ll have to settle for walking around with my headphones in; significantly less exhilarating but still enjoyable. Two current favorites are this Shania Twain cover (trust me here) and this Talking Heads cover.

It’s delightful to get a fresh take on an old favorite, don’t you think? And while we’re talking ‘fresh takes’—the most recent DLF Jobs:

View past listings on our site or by tracking #DLFjobs. If you have a position description to share with the community, you can submit it quickly on our site—for free, if you’re from a DLF member institution.

What’re your favorite covers? Send them my way (and have a good week).

Becca

Becca Quon

Program Associate for Advancement & Awards

Digital Library Federation (DLF)

diglib.org | clir.org | @CLIRDLF |she/her/hers