*** Cross posted to multiple lists ***

Columbia University Libraries (CUL) seeks a creative and energetic Web Services Librarian to contribute to the planning for and implementation of website redesign initiatives and ongoing user-focused improvements to the Columbia Libraries’ web presence in support of the Libraries’ portfolio of services and programs.

As part of the Web Services team within the Digital Library and Scholarly Technologies (DLST) group, the incumbent will work collaboratively with the Libraries’ Communications team, with Research & Learning and Special Collections staff, as well as with other CUL and University stakeholders. The incumbent will support our existing web platforms, plan for and implement new web projects and designs, and help improve the Libraries’ overall web presence, which includes both user-facing and internal systems as well as vendor-provided systems The Web Services Librarian will bring an innovative, user-centered approach to all web projects.

Working collaboratively, this full-time librarian position will participate in website review, analysis, development, user testing, and assessment. Under the guidance of the Head of Web Services, the incumbent will help to improve workflows and procedures as they relate to web projects, participate in web project planning, provide training and support for Libraries’ systems, identify and test potential new platforms, analyze usage statistics and usability results, and provide statistics and other information to help with planning across our web presence.

To apply please visit this link: https://pa334.peopleadmin.com/postings/1698

Columbia University Libraries have a longstanding commitment to diversity rooted in values of inclusion and social justice, a commitment reflected in the curriculum and throughout University life. Columbia welcomes applications from candidates who share these values and who will foster their contribution to the University's educational mission. We invite applicants who have demonstrated creative approaches to empowering and mentoring staff, leading projects, solving problems, and developing user-centric programs, services, or collections. We offer salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience. Columbia University Libraries afford a flexible and collegial working environment and foster professional growth of staff with management training and travel funding for professional meetings.

Kind regards,
Violeta