Helpful metadata places things in a conceptual universe. As such, the point
is to impose bias whether humans or machines designed by humans make the
determinations.

Needs, understandings, etc evolve with time so these problems will endure.
For example, history probably won't look kindly on a good chunk of metadata
work done today connected in any way to improving diversity.

kyle