Hello Code4Lib,

We are excited to share our call for participants for Visualizing the
Future, an IMLS National Forum Grant to develop a literacy-based
instructional and research agenda for library and information professionals
with the aim to create a community of praxis focused on data visualization.

This grant aims to create a diverse community that will advance data
visualization instruction and use beyond hands-on, technology-based
tutorials toward a nuanced, critical understanding of visualization as a
research product and form of expression.

As part of this grant we are seeking applications for a cohort of fellows
to: carry out research related to visualization, attend two in-person
meetings over the next two years, and help in the development and
dissemination of a framework for data visualization support in libraries
and related institutions.

CFP Link: https://visualizingthefuture.github.io/call/
Due date: January 31st, 2019
Questions: [log in to unmask]

Applications are open to both US and non-US residents. Only restriction is
that the research must ultimately benefit the US Library community in some
way.

Please apply and share with your communities!

Best,
Angela, Andy, and Justin

Angela Zoss (Duke University)
Andy Rutkowski (University of Southern California)
Justin Joque (University of Michigan)

--
Angela M. Zoss, Ph.D. (*she/her/hers*)
Assessment & Data Visualization Analyst

*The Duke University Libraries value diversity of thought, perspective,
experience, and background and are actively committed to a culture of
inclusion and respect.*