The project to incorporate the LRM model into RDA is known as the 3R project.  The main website for news about 3R is https://www.rdatoolkit.org/3RProject.

The main web page for news about BIBFRAME is https://www.loc.gov/bibframe/.

					Steve McDonald

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Josh Welker
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2018 10:40 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] BIBFRAME, IFLA LRM, and PREMIS

Thanks all. Two clarifying questions:

Work is underway to bring both RDA and BIBFRAME in line with LRM.

Where can I learn more about this?

I would agree that PREMIS views resources from a very different perspective
> — it really concerns itself only with the digital preservation aspects
> of your content.  The only overlap is in things like
> premis:IntellectualEntity and premis:Representation, which are
> probably the things you would describe with BIBFRAME.

Its the overlap that concerns me. Is it valid for me to describe provenance using PREMIS but then to point to a BIBFRAME entity rather than a PREMIS entity?

Joshua Welker
Library Systems and Discovery Coordinator James C. Kirkpatrick Library University of Central Missouri Warrensburg, MO 64093 JCKL 2260
660.543.8022