We are pleased to announce that the Digital Public Library of America
(DPLA) is seeking proposals for *DPLAfest 2019* <https://dplafest2019.dp.la>,
a gathering that will explore how libraries, archives, museums, and other
cultural organizations across the country leverage technology to serve,
inform, and empower communities. We invite proposals that showcase
projects, ideas, and solutions designed to help the field meet the
technological, social, and civic demands of the 21st century and that
highlight the critical role of libraries—and the DPLA network—in shaping
the future of access to digital knowledge.

In line with the DPLAfest 2019 theme of *Future Shapers, Culture Makers*,
we invite proposals for presentations, roundtable discussions, and
lightning talks related to:

   - Assessment and impact
   - Collaboration with non-traditional partners
   - Collections as data
   - Community Voices
      - Inclusive collection development and practice
      - Building and sustaining community-based collections
   - Ebooks, audiobooks and digital storytelling platforms
   - Innovations in e-content delivery services
   - Library Simplified/SimplyE
   - Reuse of content and/or data
   - Self-publishing models and platforms
   - Sharing cultural heritage
   - Sustainability
   - Technology innovation in areas including, but not limited to:
   - Content delivery platforms
      - Aggregation technology
      - Machine learning
      - Virtual reality
      - Blockchain

*View the full Call for Proposals
<https://dplafest2019.dp.la/call-for-proposals/> and submit by Friday,
January 11, 2019.*

To learn more about DPLAfest, visit dplafest2019.dp.la, email us at
[log in to unmask], or join our mailing list
<https://us4.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=e1490d1305c4b651f3ad0ace4&id=1ee988aadc>
for all event announcements!