We strive to make DLF events and initiatives as welcoming and accessible as possible. Since the 2016 DLF Forum, each of our Forum Planning Committees has included a sub-committee on inclusivity issues. The work of these Inclusivity Committees has been so important to us, and has made a significant impact to the experiences of our Forum attendees. Now we want to expand that work. To provide guidance to DLF staff and our community year-round, we are creating a new, standing DLF Committee for Equity and Inclusion.

This year-round DLF Committee for Equity and Inclusion will aim to build and support more inclusive, diverse, and equitable communities of digital library practice. We envision this to be a lightweight group that advises DLF staff, shares expertise and resources, and collaborates with DLFx event organizers and annual Forum "Community" committees to ensure that a spirit of inclusivity permeates the work those groups do in supporting on-site programming. Do you have an article to recommend? Tips on organizing inclusive in-person or remote events? We hope to utilize the expertise of this group when fostering other working groups and planning events, but also as an open framework for community members to ask questions and offer advice.

Interested in volunteering for the standing DLF Committee for Equity and Inclusion? Please join our Google Group and stay tuned for more information. We plan to have a call in February 2019 for introductions as well as to discuss avenues forward and the 2019 DLF Forum!

For more information on the work of our 2016-2018 Forum Inclusivity Committees and this new initiative, please visit the DLF website.

With all best wishes,

Katherine

--

Katherine S Kim

Assistant Director

Digital Library Federation (DLF) at CLIR

diglib.org | clir.org | ndsa.org | @CLIRDLF