Agreed, the Fitzpatrick scale seems appropriate.

The Muninn Project has an Appearances ontology which includes three different skin color scales: Fitzpatrick, the older Von Luschan, and a "simple" taxonomy.
http://rdf.muninn-project.org/ontologies/appearances.html

On 2019/01/03, 1:29 PM, "Code for Libraries on behalf of Allison Morrissey" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of [log in to unmask]> wrote:

    For skin pigmentation, perhaps the Fitzpatrick scale?