Hi Josh,
I see this as a complicated project for a number of reasons, but I also think it would be valuable to aggregate our collective UX research and I'm definitely interested in exploring it.

If we get a critical mass of interested folks at the Code4Lib national conference this year, perhaps we can start to discuss details/goals/challenges in person at one of the Breakout Sessions (https://wiki.code4lib.org/Code4Lib2019_Breakout_Sessions)?

Shaun Ellis
Digital Collections User Interface Developer
Princeton University Library