Have you been hit by the konmari<https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=konmari> craze? Up till now, I’ve been a bit afraid to learn about the philosophy behind the hit book/show ‘Tidying Up’. Whenever I’ve heard people talking about them, I’ve had flashbacks to standing in the aisles at Target post-graduation, surveying my options and thinking “I guess this’ll do,” before wrestling an ugly comforter or 12-pack of lightbulbs into a cart. “Does this spark joy?” I can hear Marie Kondo asking as I look around my apartment. “It was cheap,” my under-employed-self answers defensively from the past.

Last night I finally gave in and watched the show. The potential for contention is right under the surface as people dump their belongings out for the world to see—gender roles, and relationship anxieties, and financial concerns all mixed in—but you can also see Marie cheerfully and energetically smoothing it all out as the show progresses, as easily as if she were folding a pair of jeans. It was actually kind of therapeutic. And afterwards? You know what I did? I cleaned my kitchen. (!)

If the prospect sparks joy for you, I present this week’s DLF Jobs—

  *   Teaching and Learning Librarian<https://jobs.diglib.org/job/teaching-and-learning-librarian-cornell-university-library/>, Cornell University Library
  *   Taxonomist, Art Information Commons,<https://jobs.diglib.org/job/taxonomist-art-information-commons/> Philadelphia Museum of Art
  *   Associate Dean, School of Information Sciences (SIS<https://jobs.diglib.org/job/associate-dean-school-of-information-sciences-sis/>), Wayne State University
  *   Director, William L. Clements Library<https://jobs.diglib.org/job/director-william-l-clements-library/>, University of Michigan
  *   Electronic Resources Librarian<https://jobs.diglib.org/job/electronic-resources-librarian-7/>, Princeton University Library
  *   Assistant Vice President for Scholarly Communication and Collections<https://jobs.diglib.org/job/assistant-vice-president-for-scholarly-communication-and-collections-rutgers-university-libraries/>, Rutgers University Libraries
  *   Data Services Librarian<https://jobs.diglib.org/job/data-services-librarian-6/>, Boston College
  *   Associate Software Engineer<https://jobs.diglib.org/job/associate-software-engineer/>, Harvard University
  *   Director, Lab for Education and Advancement in Digital Research (LEADR)<https://jobs.diglib.org/job/director-lab-for-education-and-advancement-in-digital-research-leadr/>, Michigan State University

View listings on our site<https://jobs.diglib.org/> or by tracking #DLFjobs<https://twitter.com/search?q=%23dlfjobs&src=typd>. If you have a position description to share with the community, you can submit<https://jobs.diglib.org/jobs/post-a-job/add/> it quickly on our site—for free, if you’re from a DLF member<https://www.diglib.org/about/members/> institution.

P.S. – Marie’s daughters<https://www.instagram.com/p/BsymfpZhTzl/> are everything.
Have a good week!
Becca