Hello DLF AIGers,

Happy new year! We had a great turnout at the 2018 DLF forum in Las Vegas for the DLF Assessment Interest Group (AIG) session and working breakfast (notes from the breakfast discussion can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WydNBYuHC9QFCjC92nDk1RQyc6Cz-H-KmRtVTa23WWk/edit?usp=sharing). At the DLF breakfast session, we broke into groups to discuss next steps for each of the current working groups. Throughout January you will see emails pop up on this listserv from our working groups calling for participants. Over the course of the coming year, these working groups will pursue initiatives as varied as conducting research and literature reviews, collecting and analyzing data, and authoring whitepapers and best practice guidelines for different areas of library assessment.

As a friendly reminder: participation is open to anyone interested in learning about or collaborating on the improvement of digital library assessment. We are excited to work with all of you—new and returning members alike—on developing best practices and guidelines in various areas of assessment for digital libraries over the coming year. Stay tuned!

Sara Rubinow and Santi Thompson (AIG co-facilitators)

Santi Thompson, Head of Digital Research Services
University Libraries
University of Houston
A Carnegie-designated Tier One public research university
713-743-9685

http://orcid.org/0000-0002-0337-6439