From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kate Deibel
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2019 1:37 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] A/V and accessibility

I'd love to hear what auto-captioning options you've found to be tolerable?

 What I can say is that this is the informal policy I've been promoting for accessibility in our special collections. In general, any accommodation requests in special collections will likely be part of a very nuanced, focused research agenda. Thus, any remediation will likely not only have to be specific to the individual's disability but also the nature of their research. In the case of A/V, a rough transcription may be enough if they are focusing more on the visual side of it. For others, though, a more thorough transcription may be required.

All in all, your approach sounds wise.

Katherine Deibel | PhD
Inclusion & Accessibility Librarian
Syracuse University Libraries