From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Tim McGeary
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 3:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] [EXT] Re: [CODE4LIB] A/V and accessibility

This is why defining the policy of access is critical. If these digitized collections are intended to be published for the entire public, the needs of the (original) requester is not sufficient; the federal mandates require full accessibility as best to your ability without undue burden.

If you aren’t making these available for the entire public, and your policies are well documented about that restriction and the request process, then you have more flexibility to balance the burden of making a collection accessible based on the needs of the specific user.

Tim

Tim McGeary
Associate University Librarian for Digital Strategies and Technology Duke University