Phone: 503.494.3484
Email: [log in to unmask]
ORCiD: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5059-4132

On 2019/02/25, 2:03 PM, "Code for Libraries on behalf of Kun Lin" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of [log in to unmask]> wrote:

    I believe VHS has been declare obsolete and are allowed to convert to other
    format unless you could purchase the content in new format?
    I can't find exact source for it.  I do know there are libraries converting
    the VHS holdings to DVD>

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Carrie
    Preston
    Sent: Monday, February 25, 2019 11:03 AM
    To: [log in to unmask]
    Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] add DRM to DVD or video file? (also, streaming media
    vendors?)

    Thanks for the response. The only information I've been given so far is that
    the library only has it on VHS and the faculty member "needs it on DVD" (so
    presumably they won't have access to a VCR wherever they're showing it). Our
    librarians buy videos from Kanopy, Swank, etc. on the regular, so I'm
    guessing the title is so obscure the vendors don't have it - but I'll double
    check when I get back to them with recommendations.