Hello Code4Lib,

It's with great sadness that I have to relate that Safiya Noble has had to
withdraw from her Code4Lib 2019 keynote engagement for personal reasons.
Luckily, Dr. Noble suggested that her colleague Sarah Roberts take her
place as Dr. Roberts works on similar issues and the two have published
together in the past. We are very fortunate that Dr. Roberts was available
to speak on such short notice!

*Sarah T. Roberts* is assistant professor of information studies in the
Graduate School of Education and Information Studies at the University of
California, Los Angeles. She is internationally recognized as a leading
scholar on the emerging topic of commercial content moderation of social
media; her book on the topic, *Behind the Screen: Content Moderation in the
Shadows of Social Media *[1], is forthcoming in 2019 from Yale University
Press. Professor Roberts is a 2018 Carnegie Fellow and a 2018 winner of the
EFF Pioneer Award.

[1] https://yalebooks.yale.edu/book/9780300235883/behind-screen

I look forward to seeing many of you in San José next week!

Best,
Eric Phetteplace
on behalf of the Code4Lib 2019 Local Planning Committee