Dear members of the NDSA community,

I am a second year graduate student at NYU Tisch's Moving Image Archiving and Preservation program (MIAP). As part of my thesis research, I am conducting a survey on the impact of digital content stewardship on the environment, and general awareness of this urgent issue by custodians of archives, museums, and libraries. The goals of the thesis project are to dispel misconceptions of digital immateriality and to catalyze change surrounding digital preservation policies against sustainability practices.

The following 26-question survey is aimed at collecting institutions with a diverse range of digital materials. In completing this confidential survey, you will aid in the assessment of environmental sustainability at cultural repositories vis-a-vis established digital preservation practices. The survey results will be further analyzed through follow-up interviews with participants, and published through MIAP's official channels.

If you are currently employed at a cultural institution with a diverse range of digital materials, please consider taking this 5-10 minute survey.

Survey Link: https://goo.gl/forms/aHpWzMbXKRXOzk8o2
Deadline to complete is Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 12:00 PM EST.

Thank you!

Danielle Calle
Graduate Student
NYU Tisch School of the Arts