I just recently purchased 10 Lenovo Ideapad 330s laptops (
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-330-15ikbr-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i3-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-onyx-black/6291892.p?skuId=6291892
).

I immediately took out the hard drive and installed a 500GB SSD, then
partitioned it to give half to Ubuntu Studio 18.10 amd64 and half* to
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (it comes with Windows 10 Home version).  The only
issue I've come across with Ubuntu Studio on it is that the Fn function
keys don't work.  Other than that, the trackpad, audio and wifi--the three
most problematic drivers usually--have been fine.

* Actually, I first gave Windows a 24GB partition, then after installation I
expanded it.  When you do that, Windows can't install all the crap that it
usually does.  Be forewarned, though... an update will bring it all back.
Thank the gods for the Windows 10 Decrapifier script (
https://community.spiceworks.com/scripts/show/4378-windows-10-decrapifier-1803-1809
).

John Lolis
Coordinator of Computer Systems

100 Martine Avenue
White Plains, NY  10601

tel: 1.914.422.1497
fax: 1.914.422.1452

https://whiteplainslibrary.org/

*When you think about it, *all* security is ultimately security by
ignorance.*