Hi Code4Lib,

I am an experienced Software and DevOps Engineer currently working in an academic library. Due to some upcoming life changes, I’m interested in new opportunities. I am deeply committed to the ideals and ethics of the library community and I put this passion in the service of empowering my colleagues and our patrons. I enjoy developing automation to move legacy systems from one-off black boxes to documented, well-understood and reproducible systems that are easier to test, upgrade, and maintain. I find particular satisfaction in the interpersonal dimension of this kind of endeavor; at its heart, DevOps is about creating safety. Users, developers, and administrators collaborate to make it safe to engage with our systems and with each other. We make it safe to experiment and try new things. We make it safe to not just accept change as inevitable, but to welcome it, secure in the knowledge that we have the tools and understanding needed to view it not as a crisis, but as an opportunity. If you have systems and relationships that might benefit from this kind of thoughtful work, please contact me at [log in to unmask]

Thanks!