Friends/colleagues,

It’s that time of year again- Southern California Technical Processes Group
(SCTPG) nominations time! If you’re interested in getting more involved in
the LIS field, excited about continued education in technical services, and
are in the SoCal region, consider running for office with the Southern
California Technical Processes Group (SCTPG)! SCTPG is currently accepting
nominations for:

·         VP/President-Elect

·         Web Chair

Who we are:

SCTPG
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__sctpg.wordpress.com_&d=DwMFAg&c=Oo8bPJf7k7r_cPTz1JF7vEiFxvFRfQtp-j14fFwh71U&r=3zkS8ejd0_m7q6cK9NKu0g&m=I9V4vQfM4TnFNll4tbyrPFSQzYfzhUftFi0dgb2cD00&s=0bR3pT5ROw5K8wwXqzaDWcP8a06VtxOUo73zzTTPWLA&e=>
is
the local affiliate of ALA’s Association for Library Collections and
Technical Services (ALCTS). The group provides continuing education and
networking opportunities to keep technical services library staff abreast
with the latest issues and developments in the profession.

What do the roles entail?

The Vice President/President-Elect is an elected position to be held from
July 2019 to June 2020 (as VP), then July 2020 to June 2021 as President,
and finally July 2021 to July 2022 as Past President. As President, s/he is
responsible for board meetings, running elections, introducing speakers at
workshops, and related duties. The first and third years are to assist the
Prez, and to help keep continuity with the team. It’s a great way to gain
or enhance leadership skills!

The Web Chair is an appointed position focused on maintaining the SCTPG
Wordpress website. Got web skills? We want to hear from you!

Please consider running for office or nominating a colleague. We encourage
paraprofessionals and librarians from all types of libraries to run,
including those new to the profession or SCTPG. In the past few years SCTPG
has held a number of workshops related to cataloging, metadata and digital
projects, and there are so many other awesome aspects of tech services to
explore. So if you work in acquisitions, serials, digital archives,
materials processing, metadata, authority work, or any other aspect of TS,
we encourage you to get involved! In addition to hosting several events a
year, the SCTPG board meets in person several times per year, and performs
much of its business virtually via conference calls and over email.

Please contact Mary Wahl ([log in to unmask]) by Friday, April 5, 2019 if
you are interested in a position. Also, please feel free to call or email
me directly if you have any questions about the position and duties. We
look forward to hearing from you!

All the best,

SCTPG