On Mar 4, 2019, at 5:11 PM, Goodwin, Shawn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

It look like MarcEdit or XLST are not good solutions for this. My goal is
to create an small relational database project from some Marc records, and
I am looking to have human readable names for the columns and tables.

I wrote a set of (Perl) scripts to slurp up a set of MARC records and
create a (SQLite) database from them. The result is then intended to create
sets of (printed) catalogs. In subsequent interactions, it is trivial to
index the result with something like Solr to create an online catalog. See:

https://github.com/ericleasemorgan/marc2catalog

The human-readable columns in database are listed here:

https://github.com/ericleasemorgan/marc2catalog/blob/master/etc/schema.sql

—
Eric Morgan