I saw Captain Marvel this weekend, and it was an interesting experience— because of the audience, even more than the movie itself. At the theater where I usually go, there’s a bar serving specialty cocktails in the lobby, a menu of ‘food offerings’,  and pre-reserved, reclining seats. It’s a fancy place that I frequent mostly because it’s in a neighborhood I like. But I went to a different theater this time—and realized immediately that there was something different about it: there were teenagers present.

The kids (as I feel I have the authority to call them because I have a very official and adult-looking keyring) were making the most of their unsupervised movie hangout. As other audience members near them muttered in annoyance as the movie got rolling, I just marveled. They were so energetic! And comfortable with each other! It took me right back to the exhilarating joy of hanging out with friends at that age. Even if we don’t often look back on our teen years as particularly inspiring, there are a few things I can learn from them.

If you’re feeling extra energetic now, have a look at the positions that were submitted to our Jobs Board in the last week:

View listings on our site or by tracking #DLFjobs. If you have a position description to share with the community, you can submit it quickly—for free, if you’re from a DLF member institution.

Higher, Further, Faster, etc!
Becca

Becca Quon (she/her/hers)

Program Associate for Advancement & Awards

The Digital Library Federation (DLF), a program of CLIR

diglib.org | clir.org | @CLIRDLF