Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 12:00 Noon – 4:00pm (Eastern Daylight, US & Canada)
It’s a muddled area for libraries, content providers and readers. Long-form content has traditionally been contained in printed volumes both for reasons of consumption as well as convenient access. With the arrival of ebooks, some aspects of engaging with long-form content became a bit easier – searchability, mobility, etc. Still, neither form seems to fully satisfy. Each user learns his or her own best practices for reading and referencing book content. Is it any wonder then that those whose scholarship relies on long-form content are suspicious of proposed changes to book production, delivery and access?
This virtual conference will consider from a variety of perspectives issues associated with creation, publication, and distribution of The Book. Speakers may explore metrics of usage (downloads, duration of reading session, etc.) as well as questions of reader behavior, assignment of metadata, and long-term access to licensed digital content.
All speaker abstracts have now been posted to the .
In order of appearance, the list of speakers includes:
· Catherine Ahearn, Senior Product Editor, PubPub, MIT Knowledge Futures Group
· Jaclyn Kovach, Product Manager, ASTM
· Kara Laufer Levesque, Digital Content Project Manager, ASTM International
· Tzviya Siegman, Information Standards Lead, Wiley
· Kathryn Conrad, Director, The University of Arizona Press
· Melissa Milazzo, Product Manager, Science & Technology Books, Elsevier
· Gina Donato, Director, Content Transformation, Elsevier
· Kevin Hawkins, Assistant Dean for Scholarly Communication, University of North Texas Libraries
Registration Costs: NISO Members & NASIG Members (Worldwide) $190.00; Non-Member: $255.00; Student: $85. Registration allows unlimited number of staff to gather to view the event and access to an archived recording of the event, should other obligations prevent individuals from viewing on the day of the live broadcast.
Want to Register Using A Credit Card? Use
Want to Use Alternative Form of Payment?
Have questions? Get in touch:
3600 Clipper Mill Road
Baltimore, MD 21211-1948
Email: [log in to unmask]
to manage your DLF-ANNOUNCE subscription, visit diglib.org/announce