Greetings,

The Infrastructure Interest Group is looking for members who are willing to facilitate topical discussions at upcoming meetings this calendar year, starting in June. You can see the schedule of topics and months in need of facilitators here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jdneO5k6R4JDiu8hIYRmx5zPAtRz3F7qZC71iLDGM0E/edit?usp=sharing. The topics can be rescheduled if necessary, so don’t let that stop you. The facilitator typically organizes a 30-45 minutes presentation, panel, or discussion on the topic with presenter/panelist being either members or guests. Please let Corey or myself know if you have any questions, it’s a one-time duty and an easy way to get involved.

We are also looking for a New Member Liaison. This is a new role for our group that was inspired by a similar role in the Content IG. Below is a summary of the position. Please let me or Corey know if you are interested.

New Member Liaison

The Infrastructure IG New Member Liaison warmly welcomes individuals as they join they join the IG, mainly as new organizations join NDSA, although people may join at any time. On a regular basis, the Liaison schedules dedicated calls for new members to convey some basic information about the IG, direct members to resources, and answer any questions. The Liaison will introduce new members on the IG’s monthly calls and encourages new members to become active participants in the IG. The Liaison can expect to commit 1 hour or less each month to this role.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Nathan

Co-Chair

--------

Nathan Tallman
Digital Preservation Librarian

Product Owner, Digital Collection Repositories
Penn State University Libraries

(814) 865-0860