Hi Kim,

Could you say a bit more about the documents, the scanning process, and how
reliable the OCR is?

I'd be leery of relying on OCR for identifying PII except as a secondary
check (which may be already be your plan). PII takes many forms which often
require a trained eye to spot -- particularly when it's a combination of
points that are normally harmless by themselves. Even for well understood
data such as names, addresses, CCs, SSNs, DLs, dates (DoB, medical
procedures, etc), and the like, scan issues or other idiosyncrasies could
cause you to miss all kinds of important stuff. Regexes are awesome, but
they're sometimes a blunter tool than we need.

kyle