From: Kayaalp, Mehmet (NIH/NLM/LHC) [E] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 10:37 AM
Subject: RE: Looking for lightweight tool to identify PII
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Kimberly,

A colleague of mine forwarded your email to me.

You may find NLM-Scrubber, https://scrubber.nlm.nih.gov/, helpful to you,
but it is not a turnkey approach for your problem.

Although NLM-Scrubber does not deal anything but ASCII format, you may not
be able to find a better freeware anywhere to de-identify your documents.
There should be a number of tools to convert PDF to ASCII format. If you
are willing to work on that prerequisite on your own, I would be happy to
help you solve your de-identification problem.

Best,

--mehmet

* Mehmet Kayaalp, M.D., Ph.D. *Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical
Communications
Building 38A
National Institutes of Health
8600 Rockville Pike