From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Lora Woodford
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 4:34 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] ArchivesSpace reCAPTCHA

Hey all,

ArchivesSpace developer here.  Since the recommendation of implementing a honeypot was raised, I wanted to point out that as of v. 2.5.1 this does exist in core code.  (See the following for the relevant PR:
https://protect2.fireeye.com/url?k=33339e81-6fa1a4bd-3333d040-ac1f6b0e675c-73cf0b55fc594121&u=https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/pull/1366).

As we're seeing from this thread, different audiences are going to have different wants/needs/expectations/etc. on this topic, but we do support any/all users from using the plug-in architecture to add desired modifications to their implementations of ArchivesSpace.  Bhavin -- I will attempt to take a look into the basics of what would be involved in doing something like this via a plugin, but it likely won't be until next week at the earliest (catching up from spring break over here).

Best,

Lora
---
Lora Woodford
Junior Developer for ArchivesSpace [log in to unmask] 800.999.8558
x4808 Cell: 404.877.8158