Hello all, if you're planning to be at ALA in DC, please check out this event:

Register now<https://2019.alaannual.org/registration/register-now> for this unique and affordable LITA workshop at the upcoming ALA Annual Conference in Washington, DC<https://2019.alaannual.org/>.

AvramCamp 2019<https://www.eventscribe.com/2019/ALA-Annual/fsPopup.asp?Mode=presInfo&PresentationID=518955>
Friday June 21, 2019, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Walter E. Washington Convention Center

Join other women and non-binary technology library workers in a safe and welcoming space to explore common challenges faced, learn strategies for dealing with them, and discuss specific tools to build your confidence at AvramCamp, LITA's AdaCamp-inspired<https://adacamp.org/> event.

This one-day LITA preconference, built on the unconference model<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconference>, will start with looking at Imposter Syndrome, the feeling that you aren't actually qualified for the work you are doing and will be discovered as a fraud. Participants will then have the opportunity to choose the topics most relevant to them for discussion, such as salary negotiation, how to advocate for accomplishments/invisible work, and ways to promote diversity and equity in tech environments.

Our goal is to create a support network and increase participation from underrepresented groups in open technology and culture to further the library community's goals of ensuring equitable access to information for everyone.

Facilitators will include:

  *   Sara Margaret Rizzo, Systems Librarian, Monmouth University Library
  *   Aisha Conner-Gaten, Instructional Design Librarian, Loyola Marymount University

Still undecided? Read ALA Emerging Leader Aisha Conner-Gaten's report on her experiences at AvramCamp 2017!<http://litablog.org/2017/07/lita-avramcamp-the-only-way-to-kick-off-ala-annual/>

Of the 2018 participants surveyed, 100% agreed that they learned new strategies and felt more confident about what they learned.
"AvramCamp was well worth attending and one of the most interactive and engaging preconferences I ever attended." - Joslyn

"Thank you for this event! I'm still processing it, but my heart (and my head) is full." - Amanda

You can add AvramCamp during the regular conference registration process or go back and add it using the link in your confirmation email. Not attending the full conference? Register<https://2019.alaannual.org/registration/register-now> using the "Single Session" option and choose just the preconference.

For other questions or comments related to LITA events, contact us at (312) 280-4268 or [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Learn more about AdaCamp and the Ada Initiative<https://adainitiative.org/>.

Anne Slaughter
Director of Technology Services
Reaching Across Illinois Library System