From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Eric Lease Morgan
Sent: Tuesday, 23 April 2019 7:03 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] altmetric

To what degree does anybody here have experience with the Altmetric API, and if it is greater than zero, then what is your experience?

Here in the Libraries I am at the very beginnings of an investigation to determine the "impact" of various journal articles. In this case, "impact" is multifaceted and includes things like citations counts as well as mentions in the social media. API access to the Altmetric database may be just the sort of thing I would find useful.

What do y'all think?

[1] Altmetric API - http://api.altmetric.com<http://api.altmetric.com>

--
Eric Lease Morgan
University of Notre Dame

"The contents of this e-mail (including any attachments) may be confidential and/or subject to copyright. Any unauthorised use, distribution, or copying of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender by return e-mail or telephone and then delete this e-mail together with all attachments from your system."