Apologies for cross-posting:

Do you have experience in technical services and public services and who
loves doing a little bit of everything? Do you notice and try to perfect
tiny details while also being able to share thoughts constructively and
with empathy? Are you invested in critical librarianship, critical
pedagogy, or other social justice oriented work? Maryland Institute College
of Art's Decker Library in Baltimore is looking for a highly collaborative,
self-directed, change-oriented leader for our Collection Services Librarian.

The Collection Services Librarian supports the acquisition, description,
and access of library materials and actively participates in library
liaison work including reference, collection development, instruction, and
departmental outreach. Two positions report to the Collection Services
Librarian: managers of our Resource Description and Acquisitions & Serials
functions. Generally, but particularly as a manager, it is important at
Decker Library to honor people's expertise and work collectively together
towards solutions, meeting people where they're at, and sharing success in
the process. The right person will be invested in the well-being of
everyone they come in contact with and ready to problem solve, even if you
don’t immediately understand the issue at first.

We're looking for folks who love helping people and are open, transparent,
and thoughtful with data, information, ideas, and knowledge. Social
justice, diversity, and equity work is not something we just do on the
side, but is infused in our everyday work life. Whether it is working with
our students and faculty of color, our large international student
population, or our LGBTQIA+ students--we strive towards making sure our
materials, space, and teaching includes and honors them.

We are committed to providing support for you as well, including:
- Financial support to enroll in trainings and/or attend conferences
related to your work.
- Support for carefully considered service and advocacy on behalf of
underrepresented students and community groups.
- Fostering a healthy work/life balance, including understanding of
responsibilities outside of work.

So if you love learning and growing, making change (and waves), and the
idea of working with our wonderful students, please use the following link
for more information and how to apply:
https://mica.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=2&id=443

--
Siân Evans, MA, MLS
Information Literacy & Instructional Design Librarian

410-225-2715
Schedule a meeting with me <http://calendly.com/sianevans>
Read about our Information Literacy Program
<http://libguides.mica.edu/informationliteracyprogram>
Learn more about Wiki stuff <http://www.artandfeminism.org/> I do

Pronouns in use: She, Her, Hers