Dear TOS-ers,

The TOS Instruction & Outreach subcommittee has a plan for a workshop at the DLF Forum and we are looking for volunteers to help us make it happen. Do you want to join us? Here are the details…

The DLF Cryptoparty

Our plan is to host a 55-min workshop session based on the Cryptoparty model (during the main conference, not Learn@DLF). Conference attendees who want hands-on help installing or using anti-surveillance tools, or to solve particular privacy questions, can drop into the workshop room, where they’ll find multiple stations each devoted to a different topic. At each station they’ll find a friendly guide (you?), and space to sit down and consult reference materials, and work on their devices.

We have about five station-staffing volunteers from the Instruction & Outreach subcommittee, and we’re looking for more! This is where you come in. If you volunteer to staff a station, we can help you with your content and materials.  Here are some examples of stations to be staffed:

Proposal Logistics

As you may have read in the DLF CfP, this year, each DLF attendee may be a named presenter on only one proposal. If you are already submitting a different proposal for DLF, you may not be a named presenter on this one. However, you may join us a volunteer who is not named in the official proposal. (Of course, there’s no reason not to mention your participation in your CV.) Alternatively, if you are not submitting a different proposal, and would like to be named on the cyrptoparty proposal, you may be. (We ran all of this by DLF staff, who gave the green light.)

What Next

Want to jump in and get involved? We hope so! Drop a line to Paige Walker ([log in to unmask]) and me and let us know:

All the best,

Eliza

--

Eliza Bettinger

Digital Humanities Librarian

she/her

Schedule a Consultation with me.

Join Cornell’s DH Listserv.

106 Olin Library

Cornell University

Ithaca NY 14853 USA

607-255-4042 (office)

To unsubscribe from the DLF-SURVEILLANCE-TECH list, click the following link:
https://lists.clir.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=DLF-SURVEILLANCE-TECH