Someone emailed me off-list to ask where Penn landed on Lean Library and it
feels only fair to reply to all. I’m again writing on behalf of our
library’s Discovery Team (I’m the person on the team who happens to follow
code4lib..).

Last winter, after my previous post, Penn had another meeting with a new
Lean Library staff member, Claus Wolf, who was able to answer the team’s
questions on both the technical and policy side. A bug that was sending
browsing data to LL had been fixed and verified, and they made changes to
their documentation that made the functionality and expectations clearer
for both users and us, as the institution recommending and licensing the
product. On the basis of this, we did sign a license.

We’ve only been offering it for less than one full semester, so the uptake
has been moderate, but we’ve gotten good feedback from some users,
including faculty who went out of their way to let us know how much it’s
helping them. We’ll do more of a push at the start of the fall semester.

Emily