Hi Stuart,

Thanks for looking at the OCFL beta. The essence of the problem
statement is to create "an application-independent approach to the
**storage** of digital information in a structured, transparent, and
predictable manner" for use in repositories. Just yesterday a slightly
more extensive background appeared as a result of last year's Open
Repositories presentation on OCFL:

https://www.mdpi.com/2304-6775/7/2/39/htm

I highlighted **storage** in the above because that is the key
difference between the metadata standards you quote and OCFL. The native
"metadata" in OCFL is minimal, just enough to handle an inventory of
content with support for efficient object versioning. It is thus
somewhat related to the file inventory component of METS, though more
closely related to past work on Moab and BagIt.

OCFL objects will usually contain both content datastreams and metadata,
the metadata may well use METS, MARC, DC, etc. but the packaging format
is not prescriptive on what should be used.

Cheers,
Simeon