From: FORCE11 <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 9:04 AM
To: Oates, Anna I <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Register now for FSCI 2019 - Early bird rate ending 6/21

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/5e2d2ee75f2d3afd1d39a666d/images/861d7fe8-3537-47f2-9e35-19fe1b2f52cf.png]<https://force11.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5e2d2ee75f2d3afd1d39a666d&id=aa39c85071&e=397a55e4c9>

The FORCE11 Scholarly Communication Institute (FSCI) will take place at UCLA August 5 - 9, 2019.

REGISTRATION IS OPEN<https://force11.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5e2d2ee75f2d3afd1d39a666d&id=8ccc6db17c&e=397a55e4c9>.
Be sure to take advantage of the early-bird discounts which end June 21.

“The Institute offered rich opportunities for conversation and networking with individuals from different disciplines and backgrounds. Overall, my takeaway from FSCI2018 was extremely valuable!”
You know the value of FSCI - If you are a scholar, researcher, librarian, institution administrator, funding agency manager, publishing administrator/editor, data manager, student, or any individual who participates in scholarly communication, we have fantastic classes for you.  We urge you to return to FSCI, and bring a colleague! FSCI2019<https://force11.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5e2d2ee75f2d3afd1d39a666d&id=349acd55be&e=397a55e4c9> offers participants 5 immersive days of training and skills development in new modes of research communication. All levels of participants, from beginners to advanced, will find courses of interest.  There are 27 COURSES<https://force11.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5e2d2ee75f2d3afd1d39a666d&id=0fd62eeceb&e=397a55e4c9> to choose from (see list below) - for more information on any of them, be sure to check out the COURSE ABSTRACTS<https://force11.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5e2d2ee75f2d3afd1d39a666d&id=0a6595bd3b&e=397a55e4c9>.  Instructors are coming from 6 continents, including experts in scholarly communication from many disciplines and communities of practice. The diversity of perspectives provided by the instructors and attendees is one of FSCI’s key strengths, allowing for comprehensive exploration of the issues in class discussions. We hope you’ll take advantage of this fantastic educational opportunity and join the conversation!
BEGINNER AND ALL LEVEL COURSES

  *   Inside Scholarly Communications Today
  *   Research Reproducibility in Theory and Practice
  *   FAIR Data in the Scholarly Communications Life Cycle
  *   When Global is Local: Open Scholarly Communication in the Global South
  *   Working with Scholarly Literature in R: Pulling, Wrangling, Cleaning, and Analyzing Structured Bibliographic Metadata
  *   How to Introduce and Implement Policy in Your Institution and Still Have Friends Afterwards
  *   Help! How Do I Build Community and Bring About Culture Change for Open Science in MY Organization?
  *   Scholarly Reputation Management in a World of New and Evolving Media
  *   The Scientific Paper of the Future
  *   Losing Our Scholarly Record and What To Do About It
  *   Rethinking Research Evaluation
  *   Understanding Copyright: Vital Skills for Navigating Scholarly Communications
  *   Managing, Exploring, and Sharing Data in the Dataverse
  *   Educating the Next Generation of Open Scholars
  *   Introduction to Open Knowledge Research
  *   Laboratory Forensics: An Assessment Approach to Data Management in Research Labs
  *   Digital Authoring in Scalar
  *   Open Tools for Publishing Education: A Workshop on Pedagogy and Practice
  *   A Decolonized Approach to Scholarly Communications: Foundations, Challenges, and Perspectives in Practice and Research
  *   Getting Buy-In: How to Plan and Master Open Access Advocacy Sessions
  *   Citation Context Analysis: Findings and Lessons for Scholarly Communication Development
  *   Collecting, Curating, and Publishing Accessible Mobile and Sensor-generated Research Data
  *   Reveal, Don’t Conceal: How to Avoid Common Data-Visualization Errors and Create More Informative Figures
INTERMEDIATE COURSES

  *   Author Carpentry: Writing a Research Compendium and the Future of Scientific Reporting
  *   Evaluation of Scholarly Works: Current Practices and Consequences of Plan S
  *   Data Citation for Scientific Publishing
  *   Publishing Reproducible Experimentation Pipelines: A Hands-on Course
“FSCI was an extremely enriching event, I appreciate the amount of learning experiences especially working with peers”
Visit the FSCI 2019 <https://force11.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5e2d2ee75f2d3afd1d39a666d&id=1bf292228a&e=397a55e4c9> website for more information.
Convinced? Then register here <https://force11.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5e2d2ee75f2d3afd1d39a666d&id=edc150004e&e=397a55e4c9> and take advantage of the early-bird discount that ends on June 21st. We hope you can join us and we look forward to seeing you in Los Angeles!
All the Best,
The FSCI Team at FORCE11
force11.org <https://force11.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5e2d2ee75f2d3afd1d39a666d&id=942947262e&e=397a55e4c9>

[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/outline-light-facebook-48.png]<https://force11.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5e2d2ee75f2d3afd1d39a666d&id=0d538aa902&e=397a55e4c9>

[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/outline-light-twitter-48.png]<https://force11.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5e2d2ee75f2d3afd1d39a666d&id=2ad0c6c8bc&e=397a55e4c9>

[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/outline-light-instagram-48.png]<https://force11.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5e2d2ee75f2d3afd1d39a666d&id=63962c324d&e=397a55e4c9>

[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/outline-light-link-48.png]<https://force11.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5e2d2ee75f2d3afd1d39a666d&id=d35a5b6143&e=397a55e4c9>

Copyright © 2019 FORCE11, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
FORCE11
9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, San Diego, CA
San Diego, CA 92093

Add us to your address book<https://force11.us7.list-manage.com/vcard?u=5e2d2ee75f2d3afd1d39a666d&id=22be353529>