The Open Repositories Steering Committee (ORSC) is pleased to announce that we are opening nominations for standing members to join the OR Steering Committee.

ORSC manages the annual Open Repositories conference (OR2019 just concluded in Hamburg last week) and consists of a maximum of 12 standing members (who serve three-year terms) as well as the chairs of the host and program committees for the annual conferences. This year we are changing the process for recruitment and elections of new committee members in order to enable more active engagement between the OR community, the Steering Committee, and conference planning. We have three open slots for standing members, and we are inviting nominations, including self-nominations. The nomination deadline is July 31st.

The nomination form is available here: https://forms.gle/7vZX2VR3KSDUuvBg7

Ideally members should have participated in at least one previous OR conference and have extensive experience with repositories and the international repository community.

ORSC members are expected to take part in a range of activities throughout the year, as well as those specifically related to the conference. Examples of member activities include:

We strongly recommend that potential nominees refer to the conference handbook for more information about the role of the ORSC: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/or11/Open+Repositories+Conference+Handbook.

When submitting a nomination (and self-nominations are welcome) you will be asked to submit the following information:

  1. Personal information: name, email, institution affiliation, and a brief description of your role.
  2. An indication that you, or your nominee, has attended at least one OR in the previous four years.
  3. Statement of interest, e.g. why the nominee wants to join the Steering Committee.
  4. Statement of qualifications, e.g. what specific experiences the nominee would bring to the Steering Committee.

The OR Steering Committee will elect new members in August. Successful new members will be expected to join the ORSC in September for a three-year period. See https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/or11/Membership+Policy for our membership policy.

If you have questions about the OR Steering Committee, please feel free to contact any of the current standing members listed here: https://www.openrepositories.org/steering-committee/ or to reach out to the Chair, Sarah Shreeves, at [log in to unmask]

Thank you!

Sarah

Sarah L. Shreeves

Vice Dean and Interim Director, Special Collections

University of Arizona Libraries

520.621.0717

she/her/hers